The information below details policies that have been put in place to make Liscombe Health Club ‘COVID-19 secure’. Please take your time to fully read and understand the policies before booking your visit to the Club. The policies will only work if everyone practices them, therefore there will be zero tolerance to anyone not adhering to them.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- We have a designated COVID-19 officer who will keep up to date with all Government guidance and updates to help continue to adapt the facility and offerings.
- We have attended and continue to attend countless webinars with Governing bodies; CIMSPA, Swim England, Swimming teacher’s association, UK Active & Health & Safety partners Right Directions to develop our COVID-19 pandemic procedure.
- We will continue to comply with all government mandates both locally and nationally.
- Our team have completed COVID-19 training ensuring all of our staff are trained and confident in our club procedures and new COVID-19 protocols.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols with a focus on touch points and deep cleaning. We are also using a cleaning product called gymitize which creates a barrier of protection on any surface it is used on for 30 days.
VISITING THE CLUB
- We have placed COVID-19 signage throughout the club to remind you of the protocols in place so please adhere to these.
- We have automatic hand sanitiser dispensers placed at regular intervals around the club. Please make use of these and as a minimum sanitise your hands upon entry and exit.
- All members and guests will be asked to read our health screening questions which are located on the outside of the entrance doors. By then entering the building you agree to these health screening questions.
- Plastic screens have been installed at reception.
- You must observe social distancing rules at all times whilst in the club and we have one-way systems in place at pinch points to aid with this.
- Face coverings will be available to members and staff when absolutely necessary. For example, if we are required to administer first aid, a mask will be provided for both staff and the member. You may wear a mask in communal areas in the club but this is not mandatory. In line with WHO guidelines it is strongly advised not to wear a mask during your workout due to the risk of CO2 exposure.
- All members (including swim academy) must swipe their membership card on entry which is even more essential than normal due to the need for track and trace if necessary.
- Any non-member will be required to pre book their visit to the facility and will need to provide their contact details so we can track and trace if necessary.
- Changing room facilities will be open, however they will have a capacity of less than 5. In line with government guidelines we ask you to only use the changing rooms if absolutely essential and come exercise/swim ready where possible. Please consider showering at home and leaving belongings in the car to avoid the use of lockers.
- Please observe social distancing at all times in the changing rooms and only enter if the capacity (identified by signage outside the changing room) has not been reached.
- If you do use the shower, we advocate avoiding barefoot and wearing flip flops/wet shoes at all times and fully dry yourself in the shower before returning to the main changing rooms.
- Property left in lockers/on site at the end of the day will be disposed of as we are unable to operate a ‘lost property’ at this time.
- All classes have been reduced to 45 minutes to allow 15 minute gaps between classes for cleaning and to avoid overlaps between members leaving and arriving.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your class. You will enter the club at reception, scan your membership card and proceed straight into the studio. You must not wait around in the reception area.
- Workout zones have been taped on the floor. Please stick to your workout zone for the duration of the class and remain socially distanced.
- All classes will run at a reduced capacity to ensure social distancing can be maintained. This capacity is currently 12.
- You will be provided with your own bottle of disinfectant spray when entering the club. Please use this to wipe down any equipment you use before and after the class and leave it in the studio in your workout box for us to disinfect it for the next member.
- You will not be sharing any equipment during any of the classes.
- Due to the difficulty in cleaning Yoga/Pilates mats and blocks we will not be supplying these in the immediate future and you must bring your own.
- We have installed an air extraction system that extracts air from the studio meaning there will be a constant supply of clean air.
- Between every class our team will clean the studio floor and touch points ready for the next class.
- All classes will run at a reduced capacity to ensure social distancing can be maintained. This capacity is currently 16.
- Clean all equipment before and after use by submerging it in the water. Chlorine inactivates COVID-19 so this is sufficient to clean the poolside equipment.
- Remain socially distanced both in and out of the pool.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted on pool side so please wear flip flops/wet shoes. We do not advocate barefoot.
- Given the Government guidelines and limited capacity of the changing rooms we strongly urge you to arrive beach ready, having already showered at home. Furthermore, we advise you then towel dry on poolside and leave in a dressing gown/loose clothing over your swim costume to avoid having to use the changing rooms.
- The gym capacity has been reduced to enable social distancing alongside extending the gym space to our upstairs lounge area.
- You must pre book your visit to the gym via the ‘Fitsense’ app or online booking system. These run in 15 minute slots which indicate your arrival time. You must arrive during your designated arrival time.
- Please limit your visit to 1 hour to help us stay within the confines of our capacity limits.
- You will receive a bottle of disinfectant to use throughout your workout. Please wipe down any equipment before and after use and return the bottle to reception as you leave.
- Sweat towels are not permitted, please use the white roll provided and dispose of it in the bin.
- Please respect social distancing at all times whilst using the gym.
- The water fountain will be in action for filling your water bottle and we ask that you wipe the button after use and sanitise your hands.
- When using the stairs to use the upstairs gym area please observe the right of way signage in place.
- The pool capacity has been reduced to enable social distancing.
- You must pre book your visit to the pool via the ‘Fitsense’ app or online booking system. These run in 15 minute slots which indicate your arrival time. You must arrive during your designated arrival time.
- Please limit your swim to 30 minutes to help us stay within the confines of our capacity limits.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted on pool side so please wear flip flops/wet shoes.
- Given the Government guidelines and limited capacity of the changing rooms we strongly urge you to arrive beach ready, having already showered at home. Furthermore, we advise you then towel dry on poolside and leave in a dressing gown/onesie/loose clothing over your swim costume to avoid having to use the changing rooms.
- There will be no family swim sessions in the immediate future due to the guidelines and restrictions in place, we will relaunch these as soon as we can.
SWIMMING LESSONS STAGES 1-7
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class.
- All class times have been staggered so only one class starts every 10 minutes to aid with social distancing.
- We have reduced the amount of classes we have running at any one time to aid with social distancing.
- Only enter the building with the children who are participating in the lesson and one parent/guardian. No additional siblings/parents/grandparents etc will be able to enter in the immediate future.
- Given the Government guidelines and limited capacity of the changing rooms we strongly urge you to arrive beach ready, having already showered at home. Furthermore, we advise you to towel dry on poolside and leave in a dressing gown/onesie/loose clothing over your swim costume to avoid having to use the changing rooms. There will be designated areas on poolside for this.
- Please wear flip flops/wet shoes where possible to prevent the need to remove outdoor shoes which are not permitted on poolside.
- We are operating a one-way system during swim school hours. You will enter poolside via the ramp where you will be directed to a designated waiting area. Once the instructor has collected your child you will be asked to exit via the fire escape poolside. When collecting your child you will be asked to wait outside the opposite fire exit and upon the class finishing the instructor will open the door for you to enter and collect your child from a separate waiting area. Once ready you can proceed to exit through the same fire exit you exited during drop off. We will have floor markings and staff present poolside to help with direct this one way process.
- Due to Government guidelines spectators cannot stay on site to watch lessons and our viewing screens upstairs are unavailable. Therefore, you are required to wait on our balcony area or in your car whilst lessons take place. The only exception to this is for children with a disability or special educational needs however this must be pre-arranged by email (email@example.com) and evidence will be required before permission is granted.
- If you are required during the class we will call your child’s name on a megaphone in the carpark and on the balcony so please be available to listen out for this.
- All lessons will be taught from the pool side in line with the swim England and STA guidance. However, teachers may enter the water if they feel it necessary and will wear a visor and remain socially distanced if doing so.
- Children in Stages 1 & 2 will be required to wear appropriate floatation devices as it is in the best interest of their safety, these will be provided. Pool platforms will remain in use for them to safely stand when not swimming.
- All equipment used during the lesson will be cleaned after each lesson by submerging it in the pool water with Chlorine inactivating COVID-19.
- All children will be assessed on their first lesson back. We feel this is necessary given the length of time away from their swimming lessons. We want to ensure that all children are assessed and placed at the right stage to effectively teach them going forward. Please do not be disheartened if your child’s stage completion % decreases as this can be expected and we will soon have them improving again.
PARENT & BABY CLASSES
- Only one parent/guardian who will be entering the water with their child is permitted on site.
- Please arrive beach ready yourselves and where possible have your baby/child ready to swim with clothes over the top that you can remove easily. This will help you reduce the amount of time needed in the changing rooms.
- Please wear flip flops/wet shoes where possible to prevent the need to remove outdoor shoes which are not permitted on poolside.
- Lesson capacity has been reduced to aid with social distancing.
- Our teachers will continue to teach from the pool side.
- Please remain socially distanced from other parent/guardians during the class.
- You must use the sanitiser wipes to wipe down the baby changing unit before and after use.
- In line with government guidelines we regret to announce the spa will remain closed until further notice. This is due to a lack of understanding as to how the virus spreads in sauna and steam rooms and also given that 2 meter social distancing cannot currently be maintained in these areas.
- Our lounge area has been converted into gym space and will therefore be unavailable.
- The outside balcony area will be available and can be accessed from the outside stairs. Please maintain social distancing if making use of this space.
- There will be no food and beverage available at the club in the immediate future. This is to allow us to focus on running our core services and avoiding any queues at our reception area.
FITSENSE APP INSTRUCTIONS
You can pre-book your visits easily in the FitSense Member App. CLICK HERE to watch the video tutorial.
If you don’t have FitSense, you can download it FREE from the App Store or Google Play.
Once you have downloaded FitSense, you will need to activate your account. You do this by following the steps below:
1. Select Member Sign In
2. Select ‘Activate My Account’
3. Complete your details. Please ensure you use the email address that we have on record.
4. Your password will be automatically generated and emailed to you
5. You can then log in to FitSense and set up your profile! You will also be able to change your password to something more memorable, after you have logged in for the first time.
If you already have a FitSense account but have forgotten your password, you can request a new one by selecting ‘Forgot Password’ in the log in screen, after which, a new one will be sent to you via email.